This does not make me want to stress eat at all. Oh wait, yes it does. But I have willpower, so I don't stuff ice cream in my face like I want to. Oh wait...yes. I do.
But at least I didn't cry.
...oh, wait. Yes I did.
Also, in case anyone wonders what three weeks of steroids will do, here is a little before and after. 'Roids are bad, kids. Stay off the juice. I chose a shirtless pic for the after to show the scar where his port was inserted under his skin just under his left collarbone. And the size of that belly. On a little boy who's ribs stuck out a few weeks ago and who's belly button is an innie...
And while yesterday's mail contained proof of why one simply cannot afford to not be insured, in the form of our insurance statements ($135,000 for his first week of treatment, nothing has been processed yet for expenses since then), in today's mail we received love in the form of other people helping us out with the other expenses we are incurring. This both breaks my heart and heals it. I still don't know how to take help, apparently. All I can say is thank you, and I really hope to be in a place to pay it forward someday.



No comments:
Post a Comment